Hey, my name is Lea

Hello :slight_smile:

my name is Lea, I am 39 years old and I come from Papenburg, Germany. In my home town, I used to work as a ASP.NET MVC developer with VB.NET in the backend. Instead of focussing too much on my day-to-day (Visual-)basic work, I fell in love with the web platform, trying out new Web APIs on CodePen.

In the end of 2017, I risked the step to leave my VisualBasic career behind and quit the job in order to focus in Frontend development. In order to connect with people in the frontend field and get a peek into the overwhelmingly evolving APIs and frameworks, I started attending meetups :).

I’ve been a few times at the Pott.JS meetup and the RuhrJS conference in the Ruhr area. In Hamburg, I visited the CodePen day, most of the CodePen Hamburg meetups, CSSClasses by OpenTechSchool and the HH.JS.

In November 2018, I finally made a step into a new career as a Junior Frontend Developer at SinnerSchrader in Hamburg. Recently, I also help as a Co-Organizer of the HH.JS, where the next meetup is on May 23rd at XING in Hamburg. I am also going to attend the upcoming CSSConf and JSConf.

I am looking forward to meet you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Lea :wave: Great to have you here! You’ll be able to meet lots of ConfBuddies at JSConf as it seems! [2019-05-31 to 06-02] CSS & JSConf EU