[2019-06-21] EuRuKo 2019

EuRuKo 2019

Date: June 21st-22nd 2019
City: Rotterdam
Link: EuRuKo’19, June 21st - 22nd 2019, Rotterdam

Short description / Topic

EuRuKo is the annual European Ruby conference, that is powered by local communities and takes place in a different city every year.

I want to be a Conference Buddy

I’ve been in the Ruby community for a decade and attended quite a couple conferences.

This year, my employer ioki is a sponsor of the conference and we will have a booth on site.

If you are feeling lost, you can always come by for some chit-chat or you can contact me upfront so we can arrange to meet up.

I would also be happy to have lunch or a coffee between the talks and get to know other people!

About me

Hi, I am Christian! I am a software developer and tech lead, living near Frankfurt/Germany. I you want to know more about me, check out my Conference Buddy introduction.

1 Like

Hello, I am also going to EuRuKo and offering to be a conference buddy as I really like this idea.

My intro@introductions

1 Like

Hello Kuba! Nice to see other Rubyists here!
I will be there as well and I would be happy to meet you!

My company is a sponsor this year, so I should be easy to find at our booth :smiley: - please drop by and say hi!

1 Like

Hello Christian,

that is nice! Do you (You or anyone from IOKI) want some appreciate-you-support-confs gift from Prague? Cabbin luggage is the limit =D

See you there

=)K

1 Like

Feel free! But for us it is also fine if you just show up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure @chris_b wouldn’t mind taking some Conference Buddy sticker with him? :angel:

Hey you all :wave:

I’ve great news :tada:

Christian (@fabrik42) will be at the Conference and he not only has a bunch of Conference Buddy stickers with him - he as some Buttons :red_circle: The idea behind the buttons is: If you’re at the confernce you wear the button to show others that you want to be a ConfBuddy: You’re approachable, you would like to be talked to.

So, if you want to signal “I’m a ConfBuddy” to others, please go and find(*) Christian and he will give you a button :100:

And if you SEE someone with a button, go and a ConfBuddy with them for a bit :heart: :heart: :heart:

And of course: Spread the word!

I wish you all the fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(*) better contact him here or on twitter beforehand

That’s the buttons I’m talking about:

2 Likes