[2019-06-07] Self.conference 2019

Self.conference

Date: June 7-8, 2019
City: Detroit, MI
Link: http://selfconference.org/

Short description / Topic

Self.conference is a mix of fantastic tech presentations and insightful soft talks in fabulous downtown Detroit. We’re filling two whole days with languages, tools, diversity, empathy, process, and team talks to help you expand your knowledge, meet other technically-minded folk, and immerse yourself in Detroit’s tech renaissance.

I want to be a Conference Buddy

Note: I’m one of the organizers, so my time during the conference will be somewhat limited. Here are some options:

• meet for dinner any evening aside from the Sunday after
  • reach out about staying with me if you’re a couchsurfer!
  • chat about things to do during your visit to Detroit

About me

I’m a web developer based in Detroit. I work at a company called Detroit Labs and love the tech community here. I try to do as much as I can to make sure people from every kind of background feel comfortable and welcome entering this industry. I run a meetup group called Detroit Speakers in Tech that teaches and supports folks from underrepresented groups who want to become conference speakers or who wish to improve their speaking skills.

3 Likes

I’m also open to being a conference buddy for this conference as well. I’ve attended for years and it’s a great event!

2 Likes