[2019-05-31 to 06-02] CSS & JSConf EU

CSS & JSConf EU

Date: 2019-05-31 to 06-02
City: Berlin
Link: https://2019.jsconf.eu/

Short description / Topic

CSSconf EU is a one-day, one-track community conference that unites world-class speakers, top-notch engineers & web designers, and many more with an affinity for CSS in Berlin, Germany.

JSConf EU is the labour-of-love conference for the JavaScript community in Europe.

I’m looking for a Conference Buddy

I’m feeling super shy as a newbie in tech, :sos:
I’m available during all the free times of the conference as I really don’t know anyone else yet who’s also attending.

About me

Hi, I’m Faye! A career-shifter from marketing, now aiming to become a UX Engineer. I received a scholarship to attend the conference so I’m super stoked at this big push to my shift. Currently based in Munich. Let’s connect on Twitter!

2 Likes

Hei Faye, and welcome! :wave:

I guess @kotzendekrabbe might be able to be your buddy, she is one of the organizers and also active here…

3 Likes

Hey Faye,

glad to hear you can join those two amazing conferences.
I’ll be at both conferences and happy to hang out with you if you need a buddy, just write me on Twitter (@OwlCowl), my DMs are open.

That said I’ll need to leave earlier on both days for the JSConf but for the time I’m there feel free to reach out to me.

3 Likes

Hey Faye!

I’ll be happy for a buddy as well. Feel free to DM on twitter (@itaibex)

3 Likes

Hey everyone :wave:

Thanks Faye that you added this event.
I will be there at both conferences and open to meet you all :sunglasses:
I will start with the warmup on Thursday, if anyone wants we can go together.
PM :point_right: @rsteudel

3 Likes

Seems like Faye is covered, still adding my offer here for anyone else looking

I want to be a Conference Buddy

This will be my second time at JSConf EU. I’d be happy to buddy, have a coffee, discuss the program and just enjoy the conference. Because it’s a great and really nice conference :slight_smile:

Best way to connect is via Twitter DMs @freenerd

About me

I’m Johan, based in Berlin. I’m a Backend Engineer at Mapbox (the maps that power SnapChat, New York Times, Spiegel Online). I’m working on AWS infrastructure in Node. But I’m excited about anything Javascript and the Web :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’ll also be at CSSConf EU and JSConf EU!

Arriving tomorrow early afternoon, i plan on attending the Berlin.JS Meetup tomorrow and might go to the Conference Warmup afterwards - you’re welcome to join me! :partying_face:

I’ll travel back on Monday afternoon, so hanging out in the evenings after the conference or on Monday morning is also an option. You can find more about me in my introduction thread

I’m looking forward to meet you - contact me on twitter @code_punkt :slight_smile:
Christoph

1 Like

Hi Faye,
I’m an Italian software engineer based in Dublin, Ireland and will attend JSConf.eu for the fourth time this year, together with two other newbies traveling from Ireland. I’ll be at the welcome party tomorrow and will leave on Monday afternoon after the relax.js brunch.

Feel free to DM me (@claudiopro) during the event if you want to hang out! More than happy to chat about tech, design and open source community, but I’m also a big fan of Lego, cooking and eating.

See y’all soon in Berlin :wave:t3:

2 Likes

Hi all!

I’m taking the train from Belgium to Berlin tomorrow and I too am looking for a few buddies :slight_smile:.
Going to the conference warmup starts to sound like a realy good idea, hope to see some of you there!

Twitter seems to be the way to go here, so: @mordicus_87

Bart

2 Likes

Hey you all :wave:

Wow, it look likes there will be a looooot of #ConfBuddies in Berlin this weekend - that’s so great :heart:

I’ve great news :tada: thanks to @phjardas :

Philipp will be at the Conference AND he has a bunch of Conference Buddy stickers with him - but even BETTER, he as some Buttons :red_circle: The idea behind the buttons is: If you’re at the confernce you wear the button to show others that you want to be a ConfBuddy: You’re approachable, you would like to be talked to. We tried this at the “Think About!” last weekend and it worked well.

So, if you want to signal “I’m a ConfBuddy” to others, please go and find(*) Philipp, he will give you a button :100:

And if you SEE someone with a button, go and a ConfBuddy with them for a bit :heart: :heart: :heart:

And of course: Spread the word!

I wish you all the fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Will be following on twitter for a bit, but not to much, so I don’t get too jealous.

(*) better contact him here or on twitter beforehand

That’s the buttons I’m talking about:

1 Like

Yay, looking forward to meeting lots of lovely people! I’ll try to secure a table at 08:30 for breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I’ll twitter the location (@phjardas) when I’m there. See you soon in lovely Berlin!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m just popping my head around the door to say I’m around for CSS and JSConf, I know nobody and I’d be super grateful to talk anyone and everyone at the conference. I’ll keep an eye out for that badge, too. What a great idea!

Warm wishes :heart:

3 Likes

Hey folks,

Just dropping a message to say I’m heading along to CSSConf/JSConf too. I’m a diversity scholar and it’s my first big tech conference. Travelling from Dublin, Ireland and looking forward to it. Feel free to connect on Twitter @shay_nanigans.

Also, I took the liberty of connecting to folks who mentioned their Twitter handle here in advance.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am travelling from India to Berlin for the CSSConf/JSConf. I am a diversity scholar and this is my first tech conference ever. I don’t know anybody and would love to connect.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi from the webpack team!

Hi, I’m Sean Larkin, on of the maintainers of webpack.

I’m going to be attending both conferences and holding down the Microsoft Edge and Azure booth from time to time.

I love drop by’s and meeting people for the first time please feel free to say hi even if I don’t know you.

I’ll try and snag me a pin also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone :wave: looks like it will be a greaaat event :smile: wow! I’m really happy to see all of you here.

Especially for all first timers: If you’re in Berlin today already, the BerlinJS usergroup is hosting a special event tonight. There will be talks and, of course, the opportunity to meet some attendes beforehand. And meet great people in general, because the BerlinJS is an :heart: amazing, warm and welcoming usergroup.

Also, don’t forget you can wear a badge to show others you’re open having a Conference Buddy and being talked too.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

First time JSConf attendee here from France. I am looking forward to meeting fellow attendees. I’ll try to grab a badge Saturday morning to be easily identifiable (great idea by the way).

I am staying in Berlin until Wednesday morning and would love to visit the city or just hangout with other people. So if you to are around after the conf don’t hesitate to contact me on Twitter @silestang

See you soon.

1 Like

Hey all. I am also at jsconf.eu happy to meet you all there.

1 Like

My FOMO will reach a new high this weekend :see_no_evil: so please don’t forget to post some pictures when y’all meet!!!:heart_eyes:

Howdy y’all! This is my first time going to JSConf EU and I’d love to experience it with some others! I’m an American Software Engineer currently living in Spain, and no one else from my company is going :upside_down_face: so I’ll be totally out of the loop. Feel free to hit me up on twitter at @http_sweetheart ! I’d love to get a wee group of first timers together!

1 Like